October 26, 2019, Sekere, Sokehs, Pohnpei – Sekere Community Youth Association (SCYA) with their machetes, weed eaters, and rakes, they united once again cleaning up the roadside from Nankewi to the road going up to Kepin. It was an immense work, effort and energy that was displayed by these young men and women of the SCYA organization.
SCYA is one of the active youth organizations in Sokehs, Pohnpei, and community cleanup is one of their main activities throughout the years. Their goal is to promote better education, health, and a safe and clean community within Sekere Community in the State of Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia.
The Road Side cleaning project was successful only because of the unity and cooperation among the leaders, the members of the organization, and the support that was shown by these people listed below.
We thank you all and the people below!
- Jason Walter - Donated drinking water
- Mitaro Simina- Donated drinking water and doughnuts
- Pearl Habuchmai Olter-Pelep - Donated water and soda
- Devo Syne - Donated weed eater
- Alexander Petrus - Donated weed eater
- Sampy Amaraich - Donated weed eater