Dear SCYA Board Members, Executive Officers, Families, Stakeholders and all people from Sekere village.
It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that I welcome you to the SCYA website created by one of our own Mr. Davidson Syne, Chairman of Resource and Development Committee. We are very privileged to be here at a most auspicious moment in history to celebrate the success and achievements of the newly organized association for Sekere village; and this year SCYA is uniquely positioned to play a significant supporting role. I am excited at the opportunity to serve as your President of SCYA and I will do my best to discharge the duties of the office to the best of my abilities.
My vision, in a nutshell, is to make SCYA an association capable of delivering the most unique platform for social cohesion, supplemental educational pursuits and other enriching experiences, and to take SCYA to the next level of success by:
- Perpetuate Cultural/Customary Practices
- Educate grassroots about climate change and disaster risk mitigations/preparedness
- Maintain Community Projects Development (School, Dispensary, Traditional & Cultural Facilities
- Foster and ensure island healthy life habits
- Promote research on land and marine life species for preservation and conservation purposes
- Minimize Youth Violence and Alcohol/ Drugs use.
With the aforementioned, I would like to once again welcome you to make use of the website for educational, religious and cultural expeditions to impact improvements and developments in Sekere and Pohnpei State as a whole.
Merry Christmas and advance Happy New Year!
Kalangan, Killisou Chapwur and Thank you very much.
Mitaro I. Simina
Sekere Community Youth Association
UPCOMING EVENTSNo events found